and Geotechnical Services
Drilling and Geotechnical Services
Our technicians are qualified to advance environmental and geothecnical boreholes on contaminated sites as well to carry out excavation work on development projects in residential, commercial and industrial sectors. We offer the following services:
- Jackhammer boreholes – in an enclosed space and indoors
- Manual boreholes – horizontally under building foundations
- Environmental boreholes – using a Geoprobe® 420M and 7822DT
- Observation Well Installation – to sample underground water
- Boring in Bedrock – up to 15 meters in depth
- Geotechnical Drilling – to evaluate the subsurface condition
When mandated to conduct geotechnical studies, Spheratest Environnment works in collaboration with Mr. Benoit Charlebois, Eng., who has more than 7 years of experience in the field (soil engineering). For more information, please visit the following website.
The purpose of a geotechnical study is to identify the conditions of the subsoil of a site using a limited amount of samples. The different geotechnical studies offered by Spheratest Environnment can provide essential information when making decisions about a future development project.
- Founding soil inspections
- Slope Stability Assessments
The purpose of a slope stability assessment is to comment on the stability of a slope at the location of a proposed structure/roadway by providing a safe construction setback or slope stabilization measures
- Frost protection Details
When an existing soil cover is not sufficient enough to prevent freezing, installing insulating materials such as extruded polystyrene (c to d, Styrofoam) can compensate.
- Estimated percolation time and silt content for septic systems
Estimated percolation time is calculated prior to installing a septic system based on an analysis of gradation (correlation between the size of grains and permeability).
- Noise Assessment